We want to hear your birth story.
Shout Your Birth is a space for women to share their unfiltered birth story (or stories), without judgement.
We believe that by sharing the intimate details of our birth stories, we can save lives, empower birthing people, and radically transform birth practices. Thank you for sharing your sacred story with us!
If it’s easiest for you, feel free to record a video and share the link below. Otherwise, type away! Send us an email at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Details to include in your birth story:
- What was your attitude toward birth while pregnant?
- Tell us about the first 24 hours of labor.
- What surprised you most about your birth?
- When you look back at your birth, what questions do you still have?
- Was there anything you wish you could change about your birth?
- Looking back at your birth, what makes you feel most powerful?
- What did you learn (about yourself, your partner, your baby, birth in general?)
- If you could give an expecting families one piece of advice, what would it be?
- Although not required, we encourage you to send any visuals you have to help tell your story—if you have photos or videos of your pregnancy, labor, birth, postpartum and newborn moments that you’d be willing to share across our platforms, please send those along as well.
In sending us your story, you acknowledge that if selected for publication, your story may be edited slightly for grammar and clarity (we will never change the facts or meaning of your story). You story may also be shared across our many platforms.
We look forward to hearing your story!